Frequently Asked Questions - Residential Customers

Q: Who do I call if I see illegally dumped trash?
A: Abandoned trash should be reported to the Gardena Police Department at (310) 323-7911.

Q: Is there an extra charge for recycling or greenwaste carts?
A: No. You may call customer service at (310) 366-7600 to schedule delivery

Q: What is the cost for extra trash carts?
A: In Gardena, the cost of each additional trash cart is $5.00 per month.

Q: How many bulky item pickups do you provide?
A: In Gardena, residential and multi-family customers are eligible for one free pickup per calendar quarter. You must call before noon the day prior to your regular service day to schedule your bulky item pick up. Each pickup cannot include more than two large household items and will be limited to a maximum volume of three cubic yards, or weight limit of 300lb. Collections of more than three cubic yards or more than one pickup per quarter will be subject to a surcharge.

Q: What do we do when we see Scavengers going through the trash?
A: The City of Gardena has a zero tolerance for scavengers. We encourage you to report this crime to the Gardena Police Department. Do not confront the scavenger. However, if possible, get a description of the person and vehicle, including the license plate then contact Gardena Police at (310) 323-7911.

Q: Can you help me get my carts to the curb every week?
A: Absolutely! Waste Resources provides Valet Service for people who need help setting their carts curbside. Our crews will need permission to enter your property for the sole purpose of retrieving, servicing, and returning your carts. People with a Disabled Person placard from the DMV can receive this service for free; others will need to pay a monthly service fee. Click here or call (310) 366-7600 for an application.

Q: My cart is damaged. What do I do?
A: We realize that every once in a while, your carts may need a bit of maintenance. Call Customer Service at (310) 366-7600 to request repair or replacement. If the damage is due to normal wear and tear, we'll repair or replace for free. However, if the damage seems to be a result of willful damage to the cart, you will be charged a replacement fee.

Q: I'm doing a big cleanup job and need more capacity. What do I do?
A: Waste Resources provides temporary bin or roll-off service for a fee. Waste Resources is the ONLY company permitted to supply large commercial-size bins for residential use in Gardena and Lynwood. Call Customer Service at (310) 366-7600 to order.

Waste Resources welcomes any and all feedback. Should you have any questions or would like to include any helpful tips for our next brochure, we would like to hear from you. We think it is very important to have the community informed and working together to recycle and reduce everyday household waste.